A Proud Winnipeg-based company
For over 60 years, Smith’s Quality Meats has been one of Manitoba’s leading processors and distributors of high-quality meat products. The Smith’s brand is well recognized and well respected.
Smith’s Quality Meats supplies a wide range of smoked, cooked, and uncooked products including breakfast and dinner sausage products, corned beef, roast beef, salami, pepperoni, smokies, and portion-controlled beef, pork, lamb, veal, and bison to the food service industry and retail locations in Western and Eastern Canada.
We created “Smith’s Prime” to offer a variety of products that hard to find in the marketplace for Winnipeggers and Manitobans.
We’d love to hear from you
Smith’s Prime is the E-commerce platform of Smith’s Quality meats which is a Winnipeg based 100% Canadian owned company in business for over 60 years. You can find more information on both smithsprime.ca and smithsqualitymeats.ca.
- All pork and chicken are from Manitoba producers. The beef comes from Western Canada including Manitoba.
- Smith’s Quality Meats (SQM) is a Safe Food for Canadians (CFIA: Canadian Food Inspection Agency) registered company. SQM has been Certified to Global Food Safety Standard (BRC- British Retail Consortium). Well trained professional staff monitors the quality standard daily.
- You can check the available delivery dates for your area by entering the first half of your postal codes. If available dates and times work for you, you can start shopping. There are two ways of shopping at Smith’s Prime. Smith’s Prime curated meat packs are pre-made meat boxes with an awesome collection picked by us. The other way, you can fill the box with your selection for your need as well.
- We serve city-wide deliveries. You can check the dates we deliver to your area by entering the first half of your postal code here www.smithsprime.ca. If we don’t deliver to your area, you always can call (204)-633 7054 to check the possibility of a special delivery.
- We deliver Monday to Thursday every week. We divided the Winnipeg map into 4 divisions as below and each division gets at least one delivery every week. North West- Monday| North East- Tuesday | South East- Wednesday | South West- Thursday. Three timeslots are available for each day. 8am 11am| 11am-2pm| 2pm-5pm.
- We cut fresh meat or use fresh meat. However, we freeze the product as soon as finish packaging to preserve the freshness of the product. the product is always portioned and packaged individually. So, you don’t have to portion it.
Thawing in the refrigerator is the safest method. Make sure to put a tray or bowl under the package to catch any liquid that may be released as the meat thaws. If you’re in a pinch, you can thaw in the sink by running your unopened package under cold water or put it in the cold-water container. You can even cook some cuts from frozen too.
- At the checkout, you can enter the promo code in the “apply coupon” box.
- No. But you have to pay a $10 delivery fee for orders less than $100. Free shipping for orders over $100.
- We prefer to deliver the box when you are home. However, if no special instructions provided by you, the driver would leave the box by the front door. The driver will contact you to check your availability before delivering it anyways.
- We deliver to apartments and condos. But you or someone you authorize need to take the box from the driver. We will NOT leave the product by the door at the apartment/condo.
- All payments are processed through only PayPal for secure transactions. But you can use your credit cards to pay even without a PayPal account.
- It is totally up to you. You can place the order with no tip.
- All boxes are packed with tamper-proof printed straps for security purposes. If the individual packages are damaged, please call 204-633 7054. We didn’t have such a complaint for these products for at least the last five years. But it could happen.
- The first thing you need to do is call 204-633 7054 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns. Please don’t forget to send some pictures of the product, if applicable. The Quality assurance department will investigate the issue and one of our staff members will reach you for further actions required.